WBCS Preliminary Polity Question – 2019
101. Right to vote and to be elected in India is a (Article 326)
(A) Fundamental Right
(B) Natural Right
(C) Constitutional Right
(D) Legal Right
102. In the Constitution of India, promotion of international peace and security is included in the (Article 51)
(A) Preamble to the Constitution.
(B) Directive Principles of State Policy.
(C) Fundamental Duties.
(D) Ninth Schedule.
103. What will follow if a Monetary Bill is substantially amended by the Rajya Sabha ?(Article 110)
(A) The Lok Sabha may still proceed with the Bill, accepting or not accepting the recommendations of the Rajya Sabha.
(B) The Lok Sabha cannot consider the Bill further.
(C) The Lok Sabha may send the Bill to the Rajya Sabha for reconsideration.
(D) The President may call a joint sitting for passing the Bill.
104. The idea of ‘Welfare State’ in the Indian Constitution in enshrined in its
(B) Directive Principles of State Policy
(C) Fundamental Rights.
(D) Seventh Schedule.
105. The fundamental object of ‘Panchayati Raj‘ system is to ensure which among the following ?
(A) People’s participation in development
(B) Political accountability
(C) Democratic decentralisation
(D) Financial mobilisation
106. The power to increase the number of judges in the Supreme Court of India is vested in (Article 124(1))
(A) The President of India
(B) The Parliament
(C) The Chief Justice of India
(D) The Law Commission
111. Mark the correct date and year in which the Indian Constitution came into being forced
(A) 15th August, 1947
(B) 24th July, 1948
(C) 20th January, 1951
(D) 26th January, 1950
112. According to the Constitution of India it is the duty of the President to present which of the following on the desk of the Parliament —
1. Recommendations of Union Finance Commission.
2. Report of the Public Accounts Committee.
3. Report of the Comptroller and Auditor General.
4. Report of the National Scheduled Caste Commission. Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(A) 1 only (B) 2 and
(C) 1, 3 and 4 (D) 1, 2, 3 and 4
115. Which Article of the Constitution of India guarantees to all citizens the freedom of speech and expression ?
(A) Article 16
(B) Article 17
(C) Article 18
(D) Article 19
117. Which Schedule of the Constitution of India distributes power between the Union and the States ?
(A) First Schedule
(B) Second Schedule
(C) Sixth Schedule
(D) Seventh Schedule
118. The eighty-sixth Amendment of the Constitution of India altered a Directive Principle of the Constitution to provide for (2002)
(A) early childhood care and education for all children until they complete the age of six years.
(B) the state to provide free legal aid.
(C) encouraging village panchayats.
(D) prohibiting intoxicating drinks and drugs injurious to health.
119. District Judge in a state are appointed by the (Article 233)
(B) Chief Justice of High court
(C) Council of Ministers of the state
(D) Advocate General of the state
120. The Impeachment of the President of India can be initiated in (Article 61)
(A) either House of the Parliament.
(B) a joint sitting of both the Houses of the Parliament.
(C) the Lok Sabha alone.
(D) the Rajya Sabha alone.
121. Consider the following statements : The Parliamentary Committee on Public Accounts
1. consist of not more than 25 members of the Lok Sabha.
2. examine public expenditure not only from legal and formal point of view to discover technical irregularities but also from the point of view of economy, prudence, wisdom and propriety.
3. examine the report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India. Which of the statements given above is/are correct ?
(A) 1 only (B) 2 and 3 only (C) 3 only (D) 1, 2 and 3
122. Power to grant pardons are enjoyed by which of the following constitutional authorities ? (Article 72 & 161)
(B) President and Governor of a State
(D) Chief Justice of Supreme Court of India
123. Article 280 of the Indian Constitution lays down the establishment of the
(A) Planning Commission
(B) Inter-State Council
(C) Rite Waters Tribunal
(D) Finance Commission
Next - Part - 2 >>